|A Fine Romance: The Passage of Courtship From Meeting to Marriage|
Where is this thing called love? And how do you get there from here? For
many it's an elusive goal that's over even before it has a chance to
start -- but it doesn't have to be. In A Fine Romance, nationally
recognized psychologist Dr. Judith Sills shows how the whole agonizing
and exhilarating process of love actually develops between two people --
and how the rules of successful courtship can be learned and mastered.
Dr. Sills covers all the skills you need to develop the right relationship
in the areas of intimacy, compromise, and commitment. She also takes you
step-by-step through the five stages of a relationship:
- SELECTION -- when you actively or passively choose a partner.
- SEDUCTION -- the dating days when you and your partner decide if the relationship is romantic, platonic, or dead.
- SWITCH -- that uncomfortable period when the pursuer backs off just as the partner responds.
- NEGOTIATION -- when you both acknowledge your differences and try to find a decent way to fight about them.
- COMMITMENT -- the negotiation to marriage.
There is no one right person. There is only your ability to give and
receive love. This book will help lovers learn how to do just that.